Hi, blog friends.
It’s been a much longer time than I had anticipated. I apologize for not checking in.
Last you heard from me, I was going to be blogging less due to NaNoWriMo. Have I been writing my novel this whole time? Is it still November? No, and no.
I’ve been silent for a few reasons:
- I DID work on a novel in November, and I also took a writing class at the Loft Literary Center. Both were worthwhile endeavors.
- 2017 was a year where I focused on my health in ways I never had before. Making my health a priority led to putting less time and energy into other things, and at the end of the year, blogging had to wait for a bit.
- After taking a two-month break, I had to ask myself: Why do I blog? What do I want to accomplish with this platform? Do I even still enjoy this?
I’m glad I took this break, and while I don’t have all the answers to number 3, I DO still enjoy this. I DO want to share my thoughts on books and writing. So for now, I’m going to.
Which led to the blog getting a slightly different look if you didn’t notice 🙂
Anyway, enough of that life update. Here’s what you can expect in the coming weeks:
- a review of Provenance by Ann Leckie
- a review of Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas
- a review of Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- a review of Ultramarathon Man by Dean Karnazes
… and a few other reviews. See, at least I’ve still been reading!
Connect with you soon, friends.