I just wrapped up my fifth Christmas celebration: two for my family, two for my husband’s family, and one small one involving quiche, almond croissants, and strong coffee for just my husband and I.
And let me tell you: I am so loved and so blessed. Truly. I love giving gifts, so I had a great time with that. My loved ones also gave me stellar gifts. I won’t bore you with the details, but I do want to share with you all the books that I was given because those are (some of) the reviews you can look forward to in 2017!
Check it out:
- Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card
- A War of Gifts by Orson Scott Card
- Writers Workshop of Science Fiction and Fantasy, ed. Michael Knost
- Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
- Savor by Shauna Niequist
- Present over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
- A Year of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans (I’m currently reading the library’s copy of this one)
- Moments like These by Jenny Bravo
(I’ve already read the following, so you might not get a review any time soon, but now I own these to round out my collections.)
- Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie
- Ancillary Mercy by Ann Leckie
- The Tropic of Serpents by Marie Brennan
- Voyage of the Basilisk by Marie Brennan
- Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist
Oh, and I also got 4 journals – my family knows me so well 🙂
Did you get any new books for Christmas?