I just hit my goal for the April 2016 session of Camp NanoWriMo! AHHHHHH! And with 3.5 hours to spare 🙂
I haven’t updated about Camp NaNo in 2 weeks, but I’ve been plugging away at editing Bombshell. There were days that I spent 2-3 hours editing and one day that I only wrote 36 words in 1 minute to add to my manuscript. But I did it.
I plan on doing a debrief in a couple of days, but for now, here are some fun stats:
Camp NaNo: April 2016 Stats
- I worked on Bombshell every day in April… except 2.
- I finished with 30,005 NaNo revision words (it was difficult to count this but you can read more about what that means here).
- My goal was 30,000 so I just made it. But I had 3.5 more hours to work if I wanted. I decided to stop and bake some bread and read some Dresden Files (be watching for a review soon!).
- Bombshell started at just over 70,000 words.
- I added A LOT of scenes. These new additions (plus beefed up descriptions, dialogue, etc) (and minus the stuff I decided to cut..) added up to just over 15,000.
- So Bombshell is now sitting at 85,000 words!
- Plus, I filled most of my plot holes (we’ll see what my writers’ group thinks…), cleaned up the writing, and added some much-needed depth to a few characters.
- There’s still a lot of revising to be done.
Anyway, be looking for more thoughts on Camp Nano soon! Now it’s time for Jim Butcher and bread!