In my previous post, I mentioned Bombshell, my current work-in-progress. Here are some generic details about it:
- Science fiction
- Blurb: 40 years in the future, money is power, and if you can’t pay, you’re out of luck. Bianca Dawson lives two lives in this world: by day, she’s a blonde beauty on the arm of one of the richest men in the city. By night, she works for the Resistance, trying to piece together some sort of uprising against the Assembly’s hold on the people. The line between right and wrong is unclear, and Bianca could very well lose herself as she tries to stay alive and right wrongs of the past.
Sounds cool, right? Well, I hope so.
Since I’m also seeking to write about my writing on this blog, here are some writer-y details:
- Started on July 27, 2015
- Finished first draft on September 16, 2015
- First draft was 70,000 words
- I shared it with my writing group and got feedback.
- I’m going to revise it during the April 2016’s session of Camp NaNoWriMo (read more here).
I’ve never revised any fiction that I’ve written (other than two short stories that are about 700 words each), so I’m hoping to share how that process goes on this blog. Hopefully, if it goes well, I’ll find some beta-readers, then revise it further and further until it’s ready enough to query some agents. I’m feeling optimistic, per usual!